- Am I eligible to apply if I reside outside of the designated geographic areas? Applicants must be full-year residents of East Palo Alto, Belle Haven, Redwood City, or San Francisco. Students from San Francisco must be enrolled at Mission High School or John O’Connell High School.
- Is there a GPA requirement? The minimum cumulative GPA requirement is a 2.5.
- How many letters of recommendations do I need to submit? You need to submit 1, but can submit a second one if you’d like. Letters should be from a teacher, counselor, school official, or community leader. You will be able to request them directly from the application.
- I am committed to another summer program or will be attending summer school. Can I participate in the externship for only part of the six weeks? Students must commit to all six weeks of the externship for 30 hours per week in order to participate.
- When is the externship? The 2018 Facebook Summer Academy Internship will take place for six weeks from Monday, June 25, 2018 to Friday, August 3, 2018, for 30 hours per week.
- What are the externship times? The externship takes place between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Does Facebook provide transportation? Yes, and all students are required to use Facebook’s public transportation. You will be provided with pick-up and drop-off locations once admitted.
- When is the deadline? The application, official transcript, and letter of recommendation are due by Wednesday, February 14, 2018, by 11:59 pm. Applications and documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- I’m not a sophomore in high school. Am I eligible to apply? The program is available to ONLY current high school sophomores.
- What placements are available as part of the externship? It varies every year, in the past Facebook has placed externs in Finance Operations, Human Resources, Public Policy, IT Service Desk, Media Partnerships, Information Security, Facilities Operations, and Communications.
- How are students assigned to the different placements available? Students are placed in departments based on their application and interview.
- Is the externship paid? Students will receive a $1,500 stipend upon successful completion of the six-week externship program.
- Who do I contact with questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We do not make any exceptions to geographical requirements. Questions regarding the application process may be sent to: email@example.com
Emails requesting exceptions for application requirements and eligibility will not be answered.
The externship is a 6 week program, M-F from 6/26-8/4/2017. Workdays are from 8am to 5pm, including transportation time.